Before your visit
- Vikingaliv is a cash-free museum, we accept all credit cards.
- In the exhibition guided tours are offered every hour. To see the schedule, click here
- Vikingaliv offers an audioguide in Swedish, English, German, Finnish, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Italian and French. You get access to by connecting your smartphone to our Wi-Fi. Do not forget to bring your own headphones!
- Please notice that our restaurant Glöd also are cash-free.
- Due to security regulations strollers are not allowed in the building. Outside the museum, on the left side below a stairway you can park your stroller. Locks and Babybjörns are available to borrow in the entrance cashier.
- Children of less than 7 years of age do not need to pay admission..
- Our Viking ride, Ragnfrid’s Saga, is not recommended for children younger than 7 years as the ride include violent scenes.
- Pets are not allowed in the building.
- There is a cloak room with hangers and lockable cabinets.
- The museum is accessible with wheelchair, there is an elevator between the two floors.
- To go with Ragnfrid’s Saga one needs to move from the wheelchair onto the wagon seat. One of our wagons have a folding side to facilitate the transfer. In the wagon one needs to sit with legs bent.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- Accompanying assistant receive free entrance
- All our stairs have handrails.
- We offer an audio guide in English and Swedish.
- Apart from films and artefacts the exhibition also offers some tactile objects. We have a life size replica of a Viking ship as well as a display case where you can touch an axe, a sword and various textiles. There is also a Viking helmet to try on.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- At the entrance and shop registers there are telecoils.
- The manuscript for the Viking ride is available printed in English and Swedish.
- The films in the exhibition have English subtitles.
- The content of the exhibition is available in English and Swedish print in the audio guide.
- When there is a lot of people in the museum the sound level can be loud. If you want a more quiet visit we recommend you to visit us weekday mornings.
We offer several unisex toilets as well as a larger, separate wheelchair accessible toilet where. In the wheelchair accessible bathroom there is also a changing table.
To visit us with children
Due to security regulations strollers are not allowed in the building. Outside, on the left side of the house there is a place under a stairway where you can park your stroller. Locks and Babybjörns can be borrowed at the entrance cashier.
- Vikingaliv does not offer any room for packed lunch/food.
- Our Viking ride, Ragnfrid’s Saga, is not recommended for children younger than7 years as the ride include violent scenes.
- There is a changing table in the wheelchair accessible bathroom.
If you have comments or questions, please e-mail or call us: firstname.lastname@example.org / +46-840022990