Before your visit
Useful information before your visit
Welcome to Vikingaliv! Our entrance cashier is situated on the first floor that you can reach by stairs or elevator. Next to the cashier there is a cloak room with lockable cabinets.
- Vikingaliv is a cash free museum. Our cashiers accept all credit cards. You can also use swish.
- Once per hour there is a short introduction tour in the museum, on weekends we also offer a family tour. This tour is recommended for children from seven years and above. The introduction tours are included in the entrance fee and cannot be pre-booked. For schedule, click here
- Our restaurant Glöd offers a wide selection of food, everything from sandwiches to salads and hot dishes. There is also a great selection of pastries.
- We have an audio guide in Swedish and English that you get access to by connecting your smartphone to our Wi-Fi. Don’t forget to bring headphones. The audio guide is also available in Finnish print.
- Due to security regulations strollers are not allowed in the building. Outside, on the left side of the house there is a place under the stairs where you can park your stroller. Locks can be borrowed at the entrance cashier. You can also borrow a Babybjörn.
- We offer free entrance for children younger than 7 years.
- Our Viking ride, Ragnfrid’s Saga, is not recommended for children younger than 7 years as the ride include violent scenes.
- Pets are not allowed in the building.
Click here for our Q and A.
The museum is accessible with wheelchair.
There is an elevator between the two floors.
To be able to take the ride one needs to move from the wheelchair onto the wagon seat. One of our wagons have a folding side to facilitate the transfer. In the wagon one needs to sit with legs bent.
Guide dogs are welcome.
Accompanying assistant receive free entrance
All our stairs have handrails.
We have an audio guide in English and Swedish.
Apart from films and artefacts the exhibition also offers some tactile objects. We have a life size replica of a Viking ship as well as a display case where you can touch an axe, a sword and various textiles. There is also a Viking helmet to try on.
Guide dogs are welcome.
At the entrance and shop registers there are telecoils.
The manuscript for the Viking ride is available printed in English and Swedish.
The films in the exhibition have English text.
The content of the exhibition is available in English and Swedish text in the audio guide.
When there are a lot of people in the museum the sound level can be loud. If you want to visit us during more quiet hours we recommend weekday mornings or Tuesday nights.
We offer several unisex bathrooms as well as a larger, separate wheelchair accessible bathroom. In the wheelchair accessible bathroom there is also a changing table.
To visit us with children
All children are very welcome to Vikingaliv. Due to security regulations strollers are not allowed in the building. Outside, on the left side of the house there is a place under the stairs where you can park your stroller. Locks can be borrowed at the entrance cashier. You can also borrow a Babybjörn.
- Vikingaliv does not offer any room for packed lunch/food.
- Our Viking ride, Ragnfrid’s Saga, is not recommended for children younger than7 years as the ride include violent scenes.
- There is a changing table in the wheelchair accessible bathroom.
We want all our visitors to feel welcome and will gladly hear your comments on how we can improve.
Please e-mail or call our Floor Manager Anna Nisslert email@example.com or 0760-044850 if you have comments or questions.